Nurse Practitioners are in JEOPARDY in B.C.
Click here to learn more!
- Are registered nurses who have additional education and nursing experience.
- Are educators and researchers who are frequently consulted by other health care team members.
- Can diagnose and treat illnesses, order tests and prescribe medications.
- Are health care professionals who treat the whole person:
- addressing needs relating to their physical and mental health
- gathering their medical history
- focusing on how their illness affects their lives and their family
- offering suggestions for people to lead a healthy life
- teaching them how to manage chronic illness